Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Leadership Journal

Many of you know or at least knew at one point that I am studying Organizational Leadership for my Bachelors degree.  My interest in leadership really began on my mission as a district leader.  I was interested in how to lead my district with principles of righteousness and without being over bearing.  As I discovered these principles I wrote them down in my journal.  Over the past couple of years I have gained tidbits here and there on how to lead and the importance of leadership.

In the past couple of weeks I have decided to start a leadership journal.  I want to have one binder that holds all of the tidbits I have about leadership.  I also want to make a call out to others that may have some tidbits to pass along.

Since I decided to create this journal, I have been promoted at work to a management position.  Now I can apply some of the leadership principles I have learned.  It is nice to now be in an environment where I can hone those skills I learned on my mission.

No comments: