Sunday, December 14, 2008

Motab and Beer

Unfortunately, this morning I had to work.  As I was sitting in my big rig, I was flipping through the stations to find something good to listen to.  I wanted to find something uplifting, but didn't think I would, considering the lousy radio reception we get in our rail yard.  However, before long I found that 101.9 fm plays the Music and the Spoken Word broadcast from Salt Lake.  I listened to little of it, as most of my job this morning was outside loading.  I did happen to catch the tale end though.  I heard the classic farewell from Lloyd D. Newell in Salt Lake City just before the radio station went to a commercial break.  What was the first commercial to be heard?  Budweiser - real men of genius.  It made me laugh.

1 comment:

Kathy JH said...

That's kind of funny. I guess programmers don't give thought to content and commercial.